My friend Christine Pickerell is one of the most genuine, generous, gregarious women I know. She’s irreverent (probably why I love her so much), very, very funny, and kind. She works in a family business – surrounded by her brothers and numerous nieces – she works hard, and she creates some of the most magnificent floral arrangements of anyone I know. At one point, between jobs – I worked for Christine and got to know her better than I had before. I loved my time at Westmount Florist – it’s full of beauty, and beautiful people (hello Elaine!), and creativity! I asked Christine to be our Poster Romance girl of the month and here are her answers to our questionnaire. (She also has a great website and blog!).
The Poster Romance Questionnaire (with apologies to Proust and Vanity Fair):
1. Where is it that you best express your creativity – the boardroom, the classroom, the bedroom or the kitchen?
2. An alien arrives on your doorstep. In a limited amount of time, you would like to introduce him to our culture and way of life. Which three places would you take him to, and why?
The Laurentian’s………Old Montreal…………Inside my home.
3. How would you describe your present state of mind?
Relaxed and content
4. Six words that best describe you…
Outgoing, strong willed, stubborn, friendly, happy, generous
5. Your new extra-terrestrial buddy asks for a definition of ‘happiness’ (a concept which does not exist on his planet). What would your definition be?
Happiness is the responsibility of you and you alone. You find happiness by being content and appreciating what you have in life. Health and love bring happiness to me.
6. If you were going to be confined to a space with four blank walls for a period of time, which kind of artwork would you like to bring with you?
Anything with nature and flowers in it !
7. The alien wins $10 million in the lottery and asks for advice on what to do with it. What would you suggest?
Give ½ of it to a charity right away !
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
9. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Carry on our family business and doing it while still loving my family through the hard times.
10. Before returning to his planet – having decided Earth was no place for a sane extra-terrestrial – the alien asks one final question: how do you find peace on a place like Earth?
Everyone finds peace in a different way…………but I find peace in knowing that I appreciate what I have and who I have in my life.